The Journal of Fish Biology
The Journal of Fish Biology is the Society's official journal, and is a leading international, peer-reviewed journal publishing high-quality papers focusing on the biology of finfish in all aquatic ecosystems: marine, estuarine and fresh water. In 2008, The Journal of Fish Biology was ranked amongst the 100 most influential journals of Biology & Medicine over the last 100 years.
The Journal of Fish Biology brings together, under one cover, an overall picture of current research and provides a means of international communication among researchers across many disciplines with a common interest in the biology of fish. Topics covered include: Aquaculture, Behaviour, Biochemistry, Diseases, Distribution, Ecology, Genetics, Growth, Immunology, Migration, Molecular and cell science, Morphology, Parasitology, Physiology, Pollution impacts, Population studies, Reproduction, Taxonomy, and Toxicology.
Each volume of the Journal of Fish Biology consists of six issues. Generally a volume comprises five regular issues and one Special Issue (the proceedings of the annual FSBI Symposium and one other special topic). Occasionally a regular issue may be replaced by a Special Issue. There are two volumes per year.
Recent Special Issues have been: The Current Status of Elasmobranchs: Biology, Fisheries and Conservation and Fish Migration in the 21st Century: Opportunities and Challenges.
The Journal of Fish Biology is published by Wiley-Blackwell Publishing.
Key contact at Wiley-Blackwell is: Rosie Trice.
App Now Available
- Fresh from the newsstand, enjoy an entirely new browsing and reading experience, and keep up to date with the most important developments in fish biology even faster:
- Stay current with the latest articles through Early View
- Be alerted when a new monthly issue is available (opt in)
- Download articles and issues for offline perusal
- Save your favourite articles for quick and easy access
Share articles with your peers
- No subscription? Abstracts and a free sample issue are freely available along with some full content.